Four persons have reportedly died at the Margret Marquart Catholic Hospital at Kpando in the Volta Region, where they were rushed after eating a fish, suspected to be poisonous.
Three of the deaths were recorded two weeks ago after a number of individuals were sent to the facility from one of the Alavanyo communities.
The latest death occurred on Wednesday, August 16 after four people were also rushed to the facility from Gbefi, a community in the Kpando Municipality.
Mr. Hanson Torde, administrator of the Margaret Marquart Hospital confirming the incident to Starr News said preliminary interrogation of the cases pointed to the consumption of a particular fish by the victims.
Adding that sample of the fish has been handed to the police to conduct thorough investigations, whiles the bodies of the deceased are to be sent to either the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital or the 37 Military hospital in Accra for a postmortem to ascertain the actual cause of death.
The incident has since left members of affected communities in a state of fear and anxiety.