“Recreate yourself, endlessly, shamelessly, recklessly. Recreate yourself, over and over again. you are never the finished article and you never have to be. You are allowed to keep adding colour to the canvas of possibilities that you are until you like what you see.” How refreshing is that? What this means is that if or some reason you are not satisfied with who or what you are today? Then I have news for you, you can undergo revamp. Yes, you can renovate yourself- make the necessary changes required to achieve your desired outcome- the “you” that you can be proud of.
“Find yourself” is what we often hear. For most I am sure it is a dead end when they look or search but do not find. There is something about the phrase “find yourself” that never quite sat well with me and so as usual I had a “chair moment” with myself and there it came “Create Yourself” boom! So friends let me put it to you today that if for some reason you search and you are unable to find yourself, go ahead and create yourself and if for some reason you don’t like what comes out go on and recreate yourself over and over again.
Life is progressive and every day we encounter new discoveries and so every day, every week, every month, year in and year out we continue to create ourselves. We create ourselves by the decisions/choices we make along the way. We create ourselves when we choose peace over war, when we choose positive rather than negative and when we choose possibilities. Each and every choice is a building block towards that complete self. Let us therefore be careful the material we use to create ourselves because that will ultimately determine the kind of finished product we become. How we go about building or creating ourselves lays the foundation and the structure of who we eventually become.
I encourage you today to step into a world of possibilities and below are a few pointers on how to live a life of possibilities or at least start to create yourself:
- Have a vision – Get set on what you want your life to look like, see it in your mind, and feel good about it. If you spend your days with no clear idea of what you want to accomplish. You’ll find yourself the protagonist of your own sad little tragedy.
Be a doer/mover- Take action in the direction of your goals; you can only catch them if you’re moving. Don’t worry about trying to figure out all the little stuff you need to do to get there, just figure out what the first step is and take it
• Choose your crowd wisely -Fill your life with amazing people. Want an amazing life? Fill it with people who are living amazing lives themselves.
• Have an open mind – Do new things and experience new realities. There’s a whole big world out there, but there’s only so much you can see from your clouded little bubble.
• Determine your value- Add value to the world. Give the world something great, and you’ll never want meaningless things to fill some kind of void. Don’t be a consumer, be a creator.
• Be happy on purpose- Laugh a lot, especially at yourself. Remember that happiness is home- made, shy away from thinking happiness is a destination while it ought to be an everyday decision.
• Be aware of the law of attraction- Resist nothing. When you resist something it’s like saying “I don’t like life, I think it sucks and I’m totally against it.” It’s misery. Make friends with money and success do not resist prosperity if you wish to attract it.
• Be curious- ask questions and never stop learning
• Stay humble- Never feel you’ve made it enough to stop serving. Help other people; life will take note, and it’ll help you back.
• Do not fall to the trap of the illusion of time- You do not have all the time in the world to make things happen. You have now so make it count.
By Lerato Charlotte Letsoso| Email: email@example.com