President Akufo-Addo has announced the suspension of all public gatherings in the country following the confirmed coronavirus cases.
Public gatherings such as church services, funerals, conferences, sporting activities among others are covered in the directive which is expected to elapse after a month.
Also, all universities, senior secondary and basic schools are to shut down indefinitely, the President announced in a national broadcast Sunday evening.
He, however, said private burials can take place but with a limited number in attendance.
The strict measures come after four more cases of the virus were confirmed by the government today.
Summary of the Directives from the President of the Republic.
1. All public gatherings including conferences, funerals, church activities have been suspended for 4 weeks.
2. All Universities, schools etc have been closed from tomorrow. They’re to do distance learning.
3. Government travel bans announced still in force.
4. Ministry of Transport to work with transport operators to enhance hygiene.
5. Supermarkets, malls etc must ensure the highest standards of personal hygiene.
6. Ministry of Local Government must liaise with relevant authorities to improve hygiene standards in our markets.
7. Attorney General and Minister for Health to fast track processes to ensure legislative processes are implemented to back directives.