The 245 Ghanaians deported from Kuwait over the weekend are being quarantined at the Ghanaman soccer centre of excellence at Prampram, Starr News has gathered.
They are the first batch of people to be taken to the centre since the Ghana Football Association (GFA) offered the facility to government for use in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.
Starr News source says they are likely to be transferred to the Pentecost isolation centre in the Central region.
Meanwhile, Aviation Minister Joseph Kofi Adda has disclosed none of the deportees tested positive for the virus when a check was conducted on them before being flown to Ghana.
“Where we have gotten so far, the test is generally negative, [but] our internal medical experts will conduct another round of test to be sure that they are truly negative,” he told Accra-based Citi FM.
On Sunday, 66 new cases of COVID-19 were recorded in Ghana pushing the countries case count to 6,683 from 6,617.
The number of recoveries has also increased to 1,998 from 1,978 while the death toll has also increased to 32.