Versatile South African news anchor and songstress Lerato Charlotte Letsoso has been nominated for the African Authors Awards 2020.
Letsoso, who is also an author, is receiving the nomination just four weeks since she published her first novella – A Naija-Southy Affair.
The former news anchor of Ghana-based TV network, GHOne TV, expressed delight over the news. She seems to be on a roll because in hardly 24 hours after going live in kindle stores she made her first sale and hardly a month since publishing her book had already made it in the top 100 (#94) best seller status on Amazon for African literature.
“It is a good feeling to finally see something through from start to finish. This has been a very important project. Both personally and professionally. What makes it even more special is that it is a Lerato Letsoso Production from beginning to end,” she said.
AfriCAN child your time is now Pty Ltd (ACYTIN) was established in 2018 by award-winning entrepreneur, author, and inspirational speaker Anthea Thyssen-Ambursley. The AfriCAN Authors Awards are just one of the many disruptive projects to rebrand Africa. Thyssen-Ambursley is an author of three books, and she knows the struggles of local, self-publishing authors in South Africa. She hosted the 1st AfriCAN Authors Awards in 2018 which was a huge success.
She honours and celebrate local self-publishing, “car boot selling” and children authors on her birthday which is the 31st July and it is also the birthday month of our legendary icon Nelson Mandela. The books selected are from remarkable people in their communities, ordinary people that are making a huge difference in their communities, inspiring them about the possibilities out there to become to best version of themselves.
The winners of 2019 were iconic people in their own right in their respective countries. We represented the 9 provinces in SA and 5 countries on the continent.
- Donald Molosi from Botswana he is an export film maker and Broadway actor.
- Sibusiso Vilane the 1st African to climb Mount Everest for the book “To the top from Nowhere”
- Neville Mellville our retired Advocate and Banking Ombudsman in SA for his book called “ Restored Greatness”
- Kentse Badirwang’s book “ Katteys’s Arrow which has been selected for a movie script.
- Dr Lydia Moeng an author of 28 books for her book “Humanity Rights a devine agenda”.
- Dr Hlabathi Maapola-Thobejane for the book “ Crushed and shattered by our school’s prize giving ceremonies.
The only requirement is that authors must be African. Born in Africa written for Africans by Africans. Stories from the heart!