She said it took them over 40 minutes to enter her house because of the heavy smoke, adding that they ‘stood there deliberating’ and watched her house burn to ashes, even though they got to the scene on time.

On Monday evening (August 9), Beverly Afaglo took to her Instagram page to share photos of her house burnt down to ashes.

“The fire service got in on time but over 40 minutes they couldn’t go inside because of the heavy smoke (I was wondering why they don’t have protective gears for smoke. Why are they not well equipped gosh) they stood there deliberating and another came and that was the worse, they had to use a generator but it couldn’t start which also took a while, then another came which went thru a neighbor’s house to the back of the house and started putting off the fire but it was too late. My mum, the kids’ nanny, the kids, and I are all left with nothing.”

Beverly Afaglo called on Ghanaians to stop the partisan politics set their priorities right.


“This country let’s stop doing partisan politics and set our priorities right and stop the misplaced priorities. Ghana hmmmmmm.”

She went on “my house burnt down to ashes within 4hrs …… Everything gone, my passports, clothes, shoes, bags, wigs, jewellery, perfumes, my furniture, my kitchen everything gone. My kids’ room and all their clothes everything is gone. I’m left with what I wore out that’s all. Thank God there are no casualties but where do I start from? she added.

Her husband, Choirmaster, hasn’t spoken since the incident as of filing this report.

Source: Ghana/