The members of the central executive of the All Nigeria Community (ANC) in Ghana were inaugurated on 23rd November, 2019, in Accra, Ghana.
The inauguration, which was the final product of efforts by the Nigerian High Commission in bringing all Nigerians in Ghana under one unified umbrella, was a huge success with emotional accolades from the ANC members.
While taking their oath of office, the executive members expressed appreciation to the High Commission with special pledge to do their utmost best both individually and collectively, to ensure the efforts expended on the union will not be in vain. In her message of goodwill to the ANC, the Chairman of the Nigeria Diaspora Commission, Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa, who was represented at the Event, enjoined the ANC to cooperate amongst themselves for the collective benefit of all Nigerians in Ghana.
The High Commissioner, Amb. Olufemi Michael Abikoye, in his remarks of admonition to both the executive committee and the larger community, reminded them of the evil in disunity and lack of cooperation in any family, such as the ANC.
He admonished them further to put all their differences behind them and open a new chapter in the annals of the community, even for generations yet unborn. He reminded them of the age-long saying of “united we stand, divided we fall”, especially in Ghana’s environment that has been witnessing some form of resentment against members of the community.
Meanwhile the newly inaugurated Chairman, Hon. Salihu Alhaiji Mohammed, in his address, thanked the High Commission for the tenacity in bringing about the remarkable day for the Nigerian community in Ghana. He then solicited for the cooperation, patience and contributions of all and sundry to make the objectives of their new chapter a reality.
When the High Commissioner resumed office in Ghana in 2017, the ANC at the time had been crisis and had no executive team to drive its affairs, to the collective disadvantage of the community. After painstaking negotiation and consultation processes, the High Commission was able to conduct successful elections that brought together individuals drawn from all six (6) geo-political zones of the country to ensure a balanced representation in the leadership.
Furthermore, to ensure fairness in the distribution of leadership positions, the new president was elected from the Arewa community, considering that the previous president was from the South-South community, while the three (3) Vice presidents were elected from the Igbo, Yoruba and South-South communities.
They are to serve for a 2-year period after which new elections will be conducted and the next executives will be elected on regional rotations. It is hoped that the newly inaugurated executives will contribute their quota by providing the needed sacrificial leadership to harness the Nigerian community in exerting their influence and projecting a new positive image of Nigeria to the host country, as well as taking Nigeria-Ghana relations to the next level.
ALL NIGERIA COMMUNITY IN GHANA NEW EXECUTIVES – 2019
- President – Hon. Salihu Alhaiji MOHAMMED (Arewa Community); ·
- 1st Vice President – Hon. Loius Uchegbu OKORIE (Igbo Community);
- 2nd Vice President – Chf. Dr. Bayo Albert ASAOLU (Yoruba Community);
- 3rd Vice President – Hon. Oviedafe Augustine ONOJETAH (SouthSouth Community);
- General Secretary – Hon. Isaac Osahon EKHATOR (South-South Community);
- Assistant General Secretary – Mr. Chigozie Carlos DONATUS (Igbo Community);
- Financial Secretary – Alh. Umar Sarki SULLEY (Arewa Community); · Assistant Welfare Officer – Pst. Maxwell Bolarinwa OWOLABI (Yoruba Community);
- Assistant Financial Secretary – Chf. Emmanuel NWANELI (Igbo Community);
- Treasurer – Mr. Paul Matthew DIM (Igbo Community); · Public Relations Officer – Chf. Akintola Bolanle (Yoruba Community);
- Welfare – Hon. Peter NWOKOLO (South-South Community); · Provost – Mr. Abdul Aziz MUSAH (Arewa Community);
- Executive Official (President Women ANC) – Hon. Mrs. Beauty Amaebinye ANNAN (South-South Community);
- Executive Official (Women ANC Secretary) – Hon. Ms. Omotosho OLAYINKA (Yoruba Community); and
- Executive Official (Women ANC Welfare Officer) – Hajiya Halimatu MAIKANKAN (Arewa Community).