The case in which Nana Yaw Oduro Boateng popularly known as Funny Face has been arraigned for the threat of death has been adjourned to February 15, 2022.

This was because the substantive prosecutor ASP Sylvester Asare who was absent through Inspector Lawrence Kofi Anane requested a date when the case was called.

Funny Face was present when the case was called without a lawyer.

While the court presided over by Mr Stephen Tebiri adjourned it to February 15, 2022.

Release mobile phone

At the last court sitting on November 24, last year, the Kaneshie District Court in Accra ordered investigators to release his mobile phone to him.

The order of the Kaneshie District Court presided over by Worship Kofi Oheneba-Kuffour was after the accused person had prayed the court to allow the police to release his phone to him.

According to Finny Face, he had a contract with Lantan Soya Milk which requires him to promote their products and will need the phone to do that.

He also told the court he is releasing an album titled ‘Aseda’ which will detail all that he has been going through and will help society at large.

The prosecution led by ASP Sylvester Asare told the court that investigations are still ongoing and the phone would be needed to assist them.

The prosecutor also argued that the phone will help them conclude their investigations and serve the accused person with disclosures.

But, the court presided over by His Worship Mr Kofi Oheneba-Kuffour ordered the release of his phone immediately after his statement is taken.

He was earlier granted bail in the sum of GHc20, 000 and was to produce two sureties and is to report to the Police twice every week.


The Comedian was on October 20, referred for a psychiatric re-examination after he was charged with one count of threat of death by the Kaneshie District Court.

Even though the charge was read to him in the court presided over by His Worship Kofi Oheneba-Kuffour, his plea was not taken because of his behaviour.

He caused drama when he told the court that, he had lawyers but told them not to come to court because he caused his own problems.

Prosecution led by ASP Sylvester Asare told the court not to take the plea of the accused person because they suspect he is unstable.

He is on a provisional charge of one count to wit; the threat of death but his plea was not taken because of his behaviour in court.

Source: Ghana/ Inusah