The High Court in Accra has suspended the criminal trial of the former Director-General of the National Signals Bureau, Kwabena Adu-Boahene, and his wife, pending the hearing and determination by the Supreme Court of an injunction application against the conduct of trials during the legal vacation.
The court, before adjourning the case to August 25 to await the decision of the Supreme Court, rejected a letter from lawyer Samuel Atta Akyea seeking an adjournment to October.
Justice Francis Apangabonu Achibonga, a Justice of the Court of Appeal sitting as an additional High Court judge, said once his attention had been drawn to the pending injunction, he would not proceed.
On Monday, August 17, 2026, Peter Osei-Asamoah, who held brief for Samuel Atta Akyea, told the court that Mr Atta Akyea had written to the court on August 14, 2026, requesting an adjournment.
He also indicated that he had sighted an application for an injunction filed at the Supreme Court seeking to restrain the two specialised High Courts from conducting criminal proceedings during the legal vacation.
Deputy Attorney-General, Dr Justice Srem-Sai, opposed the request for adjournment to October, and the court upheld his objection.
However, the court said that while it was rejecting Mr Atta Akyea’s letter seeking an adjournment, it would not proceed with the trial and would await the Supreme Court’s decision on the injunction.
Source: Starrfm.com.gh

